Tuesday, November 6, 2007

movie review and random stuff



I just went out and watch a movie called "the seeker: the rise of the dark". After reading/playing/watching so many titles talking about darkness and light, I supposed this movie is going to be good, but I was fucking wrong, why? Read the review below, beware of spoiler, those people who don't want spoiler, skip this section











The story is about there is a boy called will, he is the seeker, a person who holds the fate of all mankind. He has to find 6 different signs in order to restore the power of light and his strength as a seeker to fight the darkness. He is a normal boy before he discovered his destiny, an anti-social boy and kept getting bullied. Until the 4 elders of light came to him and told him his destiny, his life change. He had to travel through time to find the signs, while fighting the darkness, which also finding the sign to prevent the light being restored. I said fight, doesn't mean that they really fight, more like fighting for time to get the sign. There is then this servant of darkness, rider, searching for the sign while his power gets stronger day by day, unless will find all the signs, he cannot defeat rider.




Sounds good, about the story. Sorry to say that the story is one of the suckiest thing. Why would the elders unable to fight the servant of the darkness while they were to protect the seeker to fing the sign? They mention to rider that they are stronger than rider. But so far, I never see any of them own rider, instead that they got owned by darkness. There is nothing cool in the movie, the strength of the seeker wasn't convincing that he can't defeat dark and restore the light, the power seems VERY weak to do that huge task. The thing about rider's dark power getting stronger day by day, ok...What did he do to restore his power? He didn't do anything to restore the power of darkness in the movie, so he just get stronger by nature? What the fuck!? The last part of the movie is that will finally found the last sign, restored the light and defeat rider, defeating the darkness along with him. The is one of the part which I cannot accept, why defeating rider mean defeating the darkness? Isn't he just a servant? What makes a servant got such important role? I thought that when the rider restored his power, he will bring his master, which I think might be "the god of darkness" or "darkness lord/prince" or whatever that is strong, back to the world. That would be better, only if the restoring of light also bring in god or whatever, so that the 2 god will be fighting or something.




If you noticed, this movie don't have a good plot, everything just suddenly pop out of nowhere. It's not like death note or kindachi, you can guess what will happen next, but most likely your guess to be wrong. They made the movie too short to explain all the things, just like resident evil: extinction. But the plot of darkness and light is a good idea, they can produce very good story for games/books/movies/shows. Such example are kingdom hearts (which happened to be my all time PS2 game), ultraman tiga (light and darkness, it shows all the darkness can do and how light can be in everyone) and yugioh (hope, friendship vs hatred, anger) I would suggest not to watch this movie in cinema, not worth it to watch it in such high price. I wonder why so many bad movies are made? give us some good movies!!! Damn it!!!






Whew, got to cool down from that movie review, now is some random stuffs. I recently really broke liao lah, no money to change phone, which I said I wanted like few months back. Why? Because I bought somethings as a toku fan






Yeah, as you can see the pictures on the left and right, that are the 2 new henshin items I just bought. The one on the left might be familiar to you guys, it is "spark lens" from ultraman tiga, cost be $35. The one on the right is "evothruster" from ultraman nexus, cost me $25. The Picture in the middle is all my ultraman figures, the new ones are there too, the smallest one $5, the guy in black cloak is enpera seijin, $20. The one which is golden and transparent is nexus 2005 special edition, glitter, $35. You see, cost me a hundred already and there is still more to come. Although they cost a little higher, due to the "rarity", at least in singapore, but I love it. Ultraman, forever my hero; me, forever ultraman fan. Out of boredom and some of my maid's idea, I took other pictures too:
Ok, that's all, folks. Stay tune for more exciting life of mine(exciting????) and reviews.

No comments: