Tuesday, September 22, 2009

wushu performances

Last saturday, I went out to meet eileen, bing long, ah keong and meng yeow for the 8th national wushu display. I had been waiting for that day to come, to see with my very eye, the skills of the wudang and the shao lin fighters in action. We are seated at the first few rows, which means we got a very clear view of the performance. There are students from local schools, china coaches teaching in singapore, china nation team, our nation team, er mei, wudang and shao lin. You can say that all the good stuff are gathering at the stadium.

I shorten a bit, our national teams was under my expectation, I thought they are a lot better than what I think. China coaches and national are as usual, very good. Those moves are totally crazy and they can jump real high. Especially the guy wit hthe broad sword, it's so damn fast. That is the target of mine.

Then there is er mei, a bit out of my expectation, not as grand as I thought, but still good. The shao lin is just way too cool, they showed a lot of fists and moves, even the golden mask. That was totally out of a normal people's mind, real fantastic. Here comes the wudang, they got real heat packed in them. They can be fast and smooth at the same time in a fight. Also they got this formation, oh, it's 2 formations. From what I can see, the formation can be used in a real fight. All the fighters are very synchronised and know what to do in the formation.

The following day, I go out with bing long and keong for another wudang performance in istana park, which is the same thing as the previous day, yet still nice to watch it.

I got a numbers of video, I will upload it and then let you all take a look at it

After all the performances, I got motivated to train harder to reach taht kind of standard. Be it the modern wushu or the traditional, I want to excel in that.

No comments: