Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy chinese new year and a movie review

Happy chinese new year. Seriously, this is one of the 2 major event on the calender I care about, the other one is valentine's day, which most of the time I will be spending it alone. Well, since that it is chinese new year, it means time for new cloths and some red packets. This year, it is the first time I buy my own clothes. In the past, mr mom bought for me, because I don't know how to choose clothes and sometime I just don't bother to buy. So this year might a good year for me. I read the horoscope for the year and the zodiac sign for the year, it seems that this year, my love life will be pretty good, especially during the chinese new year season. Both horoscope and zodiac said the same thing, I seriously wished that this will be true, I'm sick of being alone.

Ok, here comes the movie review. Remembered that I said I went to watch another horror movie with friends? Well, you can guess what I am going to say, it is fucking horrible. This is not just my own opinion, both me and my buddy find this movie to be a fucking joke. That fucking horrible movie is called "The house", more like the fucking house!



This is a movie about a reporter trying to find the truth behind a murder case, she managed to find the link between the case and another similar case happened quite a few decades ago, an abandoned house behind the hospital. From what she heard from the locals, that house was haunted by a female ghost in blue. She went to investigate the house with her husband, surprisingly, she witness the similar murdering case happened in the house a few decades ago. She fainted after witnessing that, then the husband came and sort of saw the ghost in the house.

During the investigation, there is a female ghost kept telling her "be careful...don't come in." Ok, this is one of the part I can't find the logic behind it. If the ghost is trying to be helpful to the reporter, why the hell did she want to appear in a horrifying way? If I were the reporter, I might punch the ghost and some kicks, since that in the movie, the reporter can touch that ghost. That is the point, the message cannot be conveyed to the reporter nor to any person.

Near the end of the movie, the reporter was used by the ghost and killed her husband. She confront to the female ghost, the female ghost explained everything. The house was actually a ground of countless evil spirit that died in several wars happening around there. The reason why the reporter, recent murderer and the murderer few decades ago killed their loved one, it is because of the possession of the vengeful spirits. The reporter wanted to burn the house down, but once the gasoline was poured on the wall and pillar, it sort of evaporate. That is one more thing I find very fucking unbelievable. What temperature is needed to evaporate liquid within 10 fucking seconds? Back to topic. She did managed to burn the thing down, but she was sort of devoured by the spirits. Then the video that she took when confronting the female ghost, it appears to be her own report on the whole case and that is the ending of the movie. All my 2 friends and me were like "what the fuck..."

The horror level is below body #19, since it is below, you think it has any effect on me? I went to watch it with my buddy, a female friend and her boyfriend. Only the first scene that was meant to scare people shocked that boyfriend, the rest is nothing. My buddy said that "it is no fun that all the horror scences didn't even shocked me, you didn't even move during the scary part." I told him: "If I move, it means you are in deep trouble. Because I won't hug people or jumped when shocked by horror, I will punch." Scary...

In short, just don't watch any fucking horror movie, it wasted my money just to watch a movie that was not horrifying nor it is interesting. If want to put the idea of ghost in a movie, may be can try for comedy or love story. I love that kind of love story between ghost and human, or comedy. It is just the classic, watch the older hong kong movie about ghost like "the chinese ghost story" then you will know.

No comments: